To the city that stole my heart, you will be missed. Although I don’t know when we will meet again, I think a little piece of me will always be in Edinburgh. I adore this city and all it has to offer and it breaks my heart knowing that I must leave it.
Ok so this post marks the official end of my study abroad journey. I can’t believe that my time abroad is coming to a close, but I am excited that I got the most out of my my last few weeks here!
In that past 4 months I have traveled to 11 different countries: France, Austria, The UK, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, Ireland, Switzerland, Italy and Spain!
I have learned so much in just under four months in Scotland. I can confidently say that now I can…
- Hear different “British” accents and have some idea where they are from.
- Successfully pack 4 days worth of clothing in a small carry-on backpack
- Navigate through the Edinburgh airport early in the morning
- Cook for myself- sort of- still working on that one
- Cross streets in the UK by looking Right then Left
- Get creative with my limited wardrobe
- Search for cheap flights on skyscanner like a boss
- Budget my money
- Navigate through new cities with the help of google maps offline areas
- adapt to the UK school system
Now, clearly I am no expert on all things study abroad, but my time in Scotland has given me a new perspective. This semester has helped me take a step back from the Georgetown bubble and reevaluate what is really important to me. I have gotten to experience things I never imagined I would and met some amazing people along the way.
Thanks for keeping up with me on my crazy Scottish adventures!