Although I have been on twitter for years now, I only recently started following journalists. Twitter can be a great place to get fast news and I am quickly starting to obsess over it.
Here is a list of the 10 best journalists to follow on twitter:
- @dianesawyer– Honestly, Diane Sawyer is one of my biggest role models. Growing up I remember constantly hearing her voice on the radio or tv. In her tweets, she advocates for the voices that need to be heard and I admire her for that.
- @camanpour– Christian Amanpour is the Chief International Correspondent for CNN. I like that she often incorporates pictures into her tweets because I am a very visual person.
- @maggieNYT – Maggie Haberman is a presidential campaign correspondent for NYTimes and a political analyst for CNN. I look to her for mostly political news.
- @andersoncooper– Call me basic, but I absolutely love Anderson Cooper! I think he is one of the best tv journalists out there and I love watching his show.
- @jmartNYT– Another New York Times journalist- what can a say, I’m a fan of the Times. Jonathan Martin’s tweets are extremely relevant and his relaxed tone makes it fun to read.
- @BuzzFeedBen– Yes, that’s right, BuzzFeed. Ben Smith is the Editor-in-Chief for BuzzFeed and his tweets are all over the place, kind of like BuzzFeed itself, ranging from funny gifs to serious investigative pieces .
- @elisefoley– Elise is a Politics and immigration reporter for the Huffington Post. Her tweets are a range of serious articles and funny remarks about politicians, especially Donald Trump.
- @Peggynoonannyc– Peggy is a is a witty columnist for the Wall Street Journal as well as an author of several books about American politics. Her tweets are short and sweet and always leave me wanting to read more.
- @GlobeMcGrory Brian McGrory is the editor of the Boston Globe. As a Georgetown student from Massachusetts, I read his tweets to find out what is going on in Boston and reminds me of home.
- @ariannahuff– Arianna Huffington is yet another strong female role model on this list. Her tweets are not always news specific, but she writes many interesting pieces on heath and well-being.